Earlier in the year my daughters daycare gave each family a bottle of homemade lice prevention spray and I thought it was a great idea. Fortunately for us we haven't had a case of these nasty critters in our house yet (though I certainly have my share of childhood horror stories) and I genuinely believe it is because of this spray.
Lice doesn't discriminate and can hit any household. If you have school aged children, do yourself a favour and add this simple spray into your kids morning routine.
Photo Credit - Pure Joy Home
DIY LICE PREVENTION SPRAY
- Amber glass mist bottle (I bought mine from Grounded Life)
- 1/2 cup of distilled water
- 2 tsp of fractionated coconut oil
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil
- 10 drops of tea tree essential oil
Mix up all the ingredients, fill the glass bottle and shake well before use. Generously spray the hair to coat. Brush through and style as usual.
A few prevention tips & tricks too...
- Lice can't fly! So keep long hair tied up in braids or a bun
- Remind kids not to share brushes, hats, scarves or headphones
- Use the prevention spray on brushes, combs and even backpacks!
Tania of LMB