Are you in home isolation like me? If not, I bet you know someone who is! This treat is for you at home or it makes a delightful doorstep gift coupled with some fresh juice or coffee. The best bit is you're likely to have everything on hand [love it when that happens]! This one will capture both your eyes and your tastebuds - I've been the recipient of Anneke's Chocolate Cluster Granola and I will confess to stashing it towards the back of the pantry so I didn't have to share.
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 40 g coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups wholegrain oats
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup toasted coconut flakes
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup macadamia nuts roughly chopped
- 150 g dark chocolate roughly chopped
- 25 g freeze-dried raspberries or strawberries
- Preheat oven to 150°C fanbake. Line two trays with baking paper.
- In a small pot over low-medium heat add maple syrup, coconut oil and honey stirring regularly until combined.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, cinnamon, ginger, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds.
- Pour melted ingredients over oats mixture and stir well to evenly coat.
- Divide mixture between trays, spreading it out evenly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until just beginning to colour.
- Remove trays from oven and add almonds and macadamias equally to both.
- Return to oven for 3-5 minutes. Remove trays from oven and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl melt chopped chocolate in microwave.
- In large bowl add 2 cups of the granola mixture, pour melted chocolate over and mix until coated.
- Line a plate with baking paper and spread out the chocolate mixture.
- Place in fridge to set, then use a sharp knife to break into clusters. Add back to remaining granola along with toasted coconut flakes and freeze-dried berry pieces.
If this doesn't make your mouth water then I'm lost for words!
We still have a few more days of home isolation and for the most part it's been manageable - we weren't grossly unwell and the fine weather we were treated to helped, allowing the boys to blow off both energy and steam outside. T
As we wrap up almost two weeks at home this is on my baking list for our busy mornings once we're back to school and work along with my chocolate chip cookies topped with Whittaker's new Blondie chocolate for school lunches...GOODNESS ME!
Recipe and images kindly supplied by Anneke Heu, you can follow along over at @anneke_heu - thanks so much for allowing us to share. X