I recently waited in line for an hour in the rain to try one of these cupcakes from local gal Kaado Bakes - and believe me it did not disappoint! Lucky for us she is sharing her super easy recipe, perfect for all those end of year shared lunches and holiday parties. Or birthday parties. Or just because. Why not add a baking day to your family advent calendar and deliver a batch to an elderly neighbour, friend or someone who needs a bit of love this season too.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup warm water
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, vanilla and oil. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in warm water (batter will be thin and runny).
- Pour batter into lined muffin pans.
- Bake at 160 degrees C for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Cool completely before frosting.